10.01.2008

Oh no.. :/


One-time punk pin-up and sometime anarchist John Lydon has mellowed further into middle age by starring in a £5m TV campaign for Country Life butter.
The campaign, available to watch exclusively at MediaGuardian.co.uk, marks the first time the 52-year-old has appeared in a TV commercial.

"People know I only do things that I want to or that I believe in and I have to do it my way," said Lydon on deciding to appear in the TV ad.

"I've never done anything like this before and never thought I would, but this Country Life ad was made for me and I couldn't resist the opportunity."

It seems a far cry from 1977, when the punk movement was riding a crest of popularity and Lydon and the Sex Pistols caused outrage by releasing God Save the Queen during the week of the Queen's silver jubilee.The anti-royal song was a hit but outraged traditionalists, so much so that Lydon was reportedly attacked in the street.The Country Life advert cashes in on Lydon's standing as a British icon, albeit of the nihilistic variety.He is seen wearing a tweed suit and gallivanting around the countryside, suggesting reasons why he might prefer Country Life, before settling on the fact that the Dairy Crest-owned brand simply tastes better.

"It's not about Great Britain, it's about Great Butter," runs the slogan.

(read rest of the story at guardian)

1 comment:

mao tse tung said...

..aporo pou sou kanei entyposi... ton mpampa mclaren den ton vlepeis tosa xronia? nothing is real, everything is permitted exoume ginei

πατρίδα θρησκεία σουβλάκι με πίτα Datsun Adidas και Χάνι της Γραβιάς